I wish I'd said it first:

"The world is a stage but the play is badly cast"
Oscar Wilde

"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away."
shing xiong

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."
John Wayne

"Life is a great, big canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
Danny Kaye

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Song of an Aging Aesthetic (By Pamela Kraemer)



Canvas white
Sky blue
Sun spot orange
Me and hue
Bird in flight
Dark of night
Filament tethers red dragon kite
Artists tears
Stolen years
Deep regrets
Écru laments
Music hushed
An études grace
Variations of light and lace
Rhythms raunchy rock and soul
Beauty seen
A hard won goal
Wasted time
Long and still
Lemons ripen
Write my will
What to leave to who and you?
What is here?
What's left behind?
Unspoken words
Unwritten rhymes
things
things
things
Meant once for me
Not much of a legacy
Essence of what once was "I"
A lasting smile a kiss good-by
A memory
An uttered phrase
A moments providential haze
The things that mean the most,
I can not leave you;
My childrens' touch
Their smooth embraces
A glimpse of stars
Upon their faces
To see the world
Through childrens eyes
Such innocence is for the wise.
A gift from them to me then you
To see the universe anew;
So the things I have
Don't mean a lot
But take a look
At what
I've got.

No comments: